Flu Vaccination Service
Getting the flu vaccination is a good idea. Maybe you are worried about catching the flu or you are concerned about having time off work. Or maybe you just want to make sure you do not pass it on to the more vulnerable members of your family. Whatever the reason, having the flu vaccine against this year’s strain of seasonal flu can give you protection and peace of mind. Luxtons Pharmacy provide flu vaccination in Exeter.
We give NHS flu jabs to people aged 18 years and older who are eligible to receive the jab for free.
You are eligible to receive a free NHS flu jab for the 2021/22 flu season if you are in the following groups:
– adults 50 and over
– people with certain medical conditions (including children in at-risk groups from 6 months of age)
– pregnant women
– people living with someone who’s at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list)
– children aged 2 and 3 on 31 August 2021 (only available via GPs)
– primary school children (arranged in schools)
– children in year 7 (arranged in secondary schools)
– frontline health or social care workers
Ask us for more information about eligibility and how to get your NHS flu jab.
If you do not qualify for a free NHS flu jab we can still provide you with a Private flu vaccination. We run this service from September to March for a cost of £15 each.
Who shouldn’t have the flu jab?
Most people can have a flu vaccine. However, there are a couple of exceptions:
– If you are currently unwell with a fever, you should delay getting the flu jab.
– If you have an egg allergy, speak to your GP or pharmacist before getting the jab.
Book your Flu Vaccination in Exeter today!
Book your flu vaccination in Exeter today using the form below. Select either the NHS or Private service here.
We open our online bookings only when we have some stock avaiable. You can also opt to go onto our waiting list in the meantime if we are out of stock as we get stocks delivered throughout the winter season – Just call us!